As we all know it gets hot in the summer months especially in the South! So you need to move and it is 100 degrees outside – now what? We will help you stay dry and cool with these easy moving tips for the summer:
- Drink lots of fluids: This will help you keep your body temperature cooler and sweat less
- Try to keep your power on at your old residence and on at your new residence: This will help ensure a cool load and unloading situation.
- Keep children and pets indoors as much as possible: Dogs and cats can also have heat strokes; so do not forget about your furry friend on the day of you move!
- Try to move earlier in the day if you can: This will be a coolest time of day to move.
- Wear light breathable clothing
- Take breaks when necessary
- Ice Cream is always helpful to cool down!
- Call us to help you move and you can relax as we sweat for you!
We hope these helped and we wish you the best of luck this summer! Don’t forget to friend us on Facebook and check out our website at www.TaylorFamilyCompanies.com
*Tip – drive on the right side of the road unless in Europe!
Moving is a stressful time for everyone. However, if you are pregnant your move can feel even more stressful. So we are going to share a few tips on how to ease your stress throughout your move when pregnant.
- First, try and start packing as soon as you can to allow ample time for this chore. If you have hired a mover they should delivery packing materials to your home. Start with things that are not being used as much such as Christmas decorations, seasonal clothing, etc.
- Label your boxes so that you will know what boxes go where. Write Fragile on the boxes that need to be treated gently. Less breakage equals less stress!
- Be sure to get enough rest on the days before your move. This will ensure that you are well rested for your move and are less likely to be as fatigued.
- Hire a professional mover if you can. Things are going to be stressful enough, but professionals should take a lot of the worry away with efficiency and knowledge. They also will get the job finished much quicker.
- If you already have children try and find someone to watch them for the day, but inform them what is going on so they will feel included. You could give them a task to perform while they are away so they still feel like they are participating (like naming their room or designing their room)
- On the day of your move, remember to stay hydrated especially if your move is in the summer months. Pack some snacks for you and your family so that you can keep your strength up throughout the day.
- If you seem to be stressed out remember why you are moving and picture the outcome (you and your family happy at your new residence).
Good Luck on your moving day and Congratulations if you are an expecting mother or family!
*Don’t forget to check out our website at www.TaylorFamilyCompanies.com and friend us on Facebook!