Moving is a stressful time for everyone. However, if you are pregnant your move can feel even more stressful. So we are going to share a few tips on how to ease your stress throughout your move when pregnant.
- First, try and start packing as soon as you can to allow ample time for this chore. If you have hired a mover they should delivery packing materials to your home. Start with things that are not being used as much such as Christmas decorations, seasonal clothing, etc.
- Label your boxes so that you will know what boxes go where. Write Fragile on the boxes that need to be treated gently. Less breakage equals less stress!
- Be sure to get enough rest on the days before your move. This will ensure that you are well rested for your move and are less likely to be as fatigued.
- Hire a professional mover if you can. Things are going to be stressful enough, but professionals should take a lot of the worry away with efficiency and knowledge. They also will get the job finished much quicker.
- If you already have children try and find someone to watch them for the day, but inform them what is going on so they will feel included. You could give them a task to perform while they are away so they still feel like they are participating (like naming their room or designing their room)
- On the day of your move, remember to stay hydrated especially if your move is in the summer months. Pack some snacks for you and your family so that you can keep your strength up throughout the day.
- If you seem to be stressed out remember why you are moving and picture the outcome (you and your family happy at your new residence).
Good Luck on your moving day and Congratulations if you are an expecting mother or family!
*Don’t forget to check out our website at www.TaylorFamilyCompanies.com and friend us on Facebook!