Moving is stressful enough with the planning, packing, and the actual moving process without adding kids into the mix. So how do you make a move with kids easier on you as well as them? Here are a few steps that you can take to ensure that this can happen:
- Explain to the kids what is happening and why
- Let them know that everything will be okay and you love them
- Help them get excited about the move by picking out something for them to focus on, for ex. decorating their awesome new room!
- Let them be sentimental about their favorite things in or around the house
- Make a scrapbook for the old house and then it can be a continued project for them to work on things they love about the new house
- Have a going away party for them to say goodbye to the neighborhood and friends
- If it is a local move see if they can stay with grandparents or family friends during the actual move
- When they see their new home make sure it is a first positive experience for them
We hope these tips helped and as always we are here “to help take the stress out of your move”!
*Don’t forget to check out our website at www.TaylorFamilyCompanies.com and friend us on Facebook!